From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Enforcing creating documents using an update handler in a CouchApp
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2014 00:34:13 GMT

Nothing forces your clients to use your update handler, so you can’t enforce anything there.

In validate_doc_update you can insist that new documents (where !oldDoc) have a timestamp
field that reflects system clock time (within some delta). An update handler can add the current
time, making it easy for clients to get it right, but a client could add the current time
itself.

Rewrite handlers restrict nothing, no client is required to use them.

Shorter: The only place in couchdb where you can validate your document updates is validate_doc_update.

B.