From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bulk deletes and disk size
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2014 09:35:37 GMT
Gabriel,

In that example you’re making the right change. but if those objects in the docs array had
more properties they would be preserved (forever).

"I though that compactation process would remove the body from the document
marked with "_deleted"." - This is not true.

Deleting docs via _bulk_docs can be exactly the same as deleting via -X DELETE but only if
you only preserve the three fields you need, _id, _rev and _deleted.

I forked your gist to illustrate: https://gist.github.com/rnewson/9427862

Here I map any document to a doc with the minimal state necessary to delete the document.
The difference is clear, I hope.

B.