From Andy Dorman <ador...@ironicdesign.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion on couchDB DB and documents
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 14:38:08 GMT
On 03/24/2014 09:29 AM, Ramanadham, Radhika wrote:
> So, here is my usecase-
>
> I have multiple projects and their related test, requiremensts and results data that
I need to store in couch DB.
> I will need to create views to get some specific data out of the data based on projects.
>
> So, I was wondering would be better-
>
> 1.       If should be creating one DB and have all projects stored as documents and distinguished
by the project type or

> 2.       If I should create a database per project.
>
> As I am still a newbie to couchdb, wanted some recommendations as to what would be a
better design.

> Could you'll suggest please?
>
> Thanks,
> Radhika

I am still very new to CouchDB but one thing that influenced our design
was that you could not join results from multiple couch databases within
CouchDB.  Here is a link to a StackOverflow post about that.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4961337/joins-between-different-databases-in-couchdb

--
Andy Dorman