From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disabling HTTP Access?
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 22:53:13 GMT
That should do it, but did you restart after editing the ini files? I should note that editing
default.ini is not recommended as it will be overwritten on couchdb upgrade.  Better to use;

curl -X DELETE host:5984/_config/daemons/httpd

For me, this closes port 5984.

B.

On 26 Mar 2014, at 22:07, M.C. Wilson <nijhazer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
>   I'm new to CouchDB and have a question about setting it up to use SSL. I've got it
working and am able to make requests to CouchDB over SSL. Ideally, I'd like to prevent any
non-SSL access to CouchDB. Previous discussions indicate that this can be achieved by commenting
out the httpd entry under [daemons] in default.ini, but when I do this, standard HTTP access
is still available on port 5984. Has the mechanism for disabling HTTP access changed in recent
versions?