From Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>
Subject Re: using python-cloudant to connect to couchDB
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 08:16:28 GMT
The biggest difference is the Cloudant module supports our search interface. I think Max's
aim is to make it work for CouchDB as much as possible but where api's diverge get Cloudant
support done first. For things like document and database crud you should be fine. I think
Radhikas use case would be well supported.
Cheers
Simon

On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 01:29, Mike Marino wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> > well - obviously I am wrong. I am sorry. Thanks for your example Mike. I
> > think Radhikas question is very well answered then :)
> >

> No problem, I probably should've sent the gist link with my first
> response to avoid confusion. :-)
>
> > But I am still wondering if the intention of this library is to use it for
> > Apache CouchDB's and not only Cloudant. But on the other side if it works
> > it works ...
> >

> I thought so to, initially. Certainly the name suggests this!
> However, I don't think there are any features (yet?) that are
> cloudant-API specific. I may be wrong about this.
>
> Biggest differences I've found in comparison to the more well known
> modules you listed is the built in async behavior and the avoidance of
> anything to do with document schemes. (It's quite a bit more
> lightweight.) It's not the only "other" module to do this; there's an
> open discussion concerning this on the GitHub page:
>
> https://github.com/cloudant-labs/cloudant-python/issues/25
>
> Cheers,
> Mike
>

> > Cheers
> >
> > Andy
> >

> > > On 20 March 2014 20:30, Mike Marino <mmarino@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Here is a gist demonstrating using the cloudant module connecting to a
> > > local couchdb:
> > >
> > > https://gist.github.com/mgmarino/9526872
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Mike