From Chris Ashton <chrisjash...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Corrupt database file
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:53:22 GMT
Thanks Ken

Unfortunately, I don't know much. We have a desktop application which uses CouchDB as its
back end. Once the developer left, no-one knew how to run it and (of course) last week, it
stopped responding.

My best guess as to how it happened is the server ran out of disk space but I can't confirm
that as I didn't see the server immediately, it was messed with by our hardware providers.
We had not run any compacts or anything through ignorance and it grew very large indeed!

Cheers

Chris

________________________________
 From: "Knudsen, Ken" <Ken.Knudsen@imaginecommunications.com>
To: "user@couchdb.apache.org" <user@couchdb.apache.org>; Chris Ashton <chrisjashton@yahoo.co.uk>;
Tim Tisdall <tisdall@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, 21 March 2014, 13:49
Subject: RE: Corrupt database file

Sorry that I can't help with your exact circumstance (I'm new as well)...but is there any
additional information you could provide so far as a use-case as to how this happened? My
current readings and understandings with couchDB is that something like this shouldn't happen
at all....So I find this very interesting...(in a sad way)....

Thanks,

Ken