From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Revisions lost on CouchDB 1.2.0
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 15:07:56 GMT
Admittedly, the docs are slightly unclear on this:

"Compaction compresses the database file by removing unused sections
created during updates. Old revisions of documents are also removed
from the database though a small amount of meta data is kept for use
in conflict during replication. The number of revisions (default of
1000) can be configured using the _revs_limit URL endpoint, available
since version 0.8-incubating."

Which is it: does _revs_limit limit the revs, or the metadata about
revs. Could do with cleaning up!

Also, we should probably move this info to the docs and get it out of the wiki.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater