From Patrick Arlt <patrick.a...@gmail.com>
Subject What is the status of GeoCouch?
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 06:15:16 GMT
I love working with CouchDB and I'm starting to think about using it in
more applications but I often have to work with spatial data and and
wondering what the state of GeoCouch is? The last commit was several months
ago  (https://github.com/couchbase/geocouch/commits/master) and the readme
makes it seem like GeoCouch is supposed to sync up with the latest CouchDB
version but it stopped at 1.3 (
https://github.com/couchbase/geocouch#understanding-the-branches).

Is GeoCouch still being actively developed? Is it solid for production use?
How does it compare to more robust spatial databases like PostGIS or the
basic spatial support in MongoDB?

Thanks