From Suraj Kumar <suraj.ku...@inmobi.com>
Subject History tracking as a plugin?
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 05:50:07 GMT
Hi,

We're in need of revision history to be maintained along with who modified
the doc, what time, etc., While we could use "_changes" API, there is no
way to get the UserCtx. This is the real limitation of changes API due to
which we are looking for other ways.

Another solution, per couchdb doc, is to use update handler functions. But,
we want to leverage MVCC feature of couchdb to resolve conflicts and update
handler functions don't handle this well.

What would you recommend is the best way to achieve history tracking?
Basically, we want to create another doc separately for 'changes' or
'history' of each doc along with userCtx and time (of modification).

>From what we see, CouchDB plugin architecture only allows handling per http
request. We're looking for something like "when doc changes, do this" types
feature. How do we do this? Any advise?

Regards,

  -Suraj

--
An Onion is the Onion skin and the Onion under the skin until the Onion
Skin without any Onion underneath.

receipt.