From Duncan Scott <dnsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: command line interface to manage CouchDB replication
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 19:05:11 GMT
Backup adds a prefix that includes a timestamp and any specified tags.  The
prefix allows the listBackups and deleteBackups actions to filter only
backups including the specified tags or older than the specified number of
days.

I wrote the application to create point-in-time backups via cron job and to
delete old backups automatically.

I thought is was important to have point-in-time backups in addition to
continuous replication in case someone deleted all records in a database.