From Keith Gable <ziggythehams...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Login link missing in 1.5 with Window IE 8
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:42:01 GMT
IE 8 is very old. If you're on an operating system where IE 8 is the newest IE available, you're
going to be out of support in April unless you throw money at Microsoft. IE 9 should work.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Jason Winshell<mailto:jason@jasonwinshell.com>
Sent: ‎2/‎18/‎2014 12:12
To: user@couchdb.apache.org<mailto:user@couchdb.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Login link missing in 1.5 with Window IE 8

Thanks.

The bug is in futon.js in the page source, line 269: "Object doesn't support this property
or method"

} else if (userCtx.roles.indexOf("_admin") != -1) {  // bug is here for IE
        $("#userCtx .adminparty").show();
        $(".serverAdmin").removeAttr('disabled');
} else {
        $("#userCtx .loggedout").show();
};

IE does not support indexOf on array objects. The code need to special case for IE.

I suspect this is the page code the creates the login/sign in link. Now that I've found the
problem, what do I do? Report it where? And of course, how can I get a fix into a new build.
I'm at a bit of a loss trying to understand how a bug like this could go undetected in an
official release.

It's essential that Futon work with IE. Corporate and government installations dictate the
what software is installed on machines. A user would not be allowed to install a Couch compatible
browser.

Thanks

Jason

On Feb 18, 2014, at 12:49 AM, Garren Smith <garren@apache.org> wrote:

> Jason, could you also have a look at the IE developer console and report any errors it
shows. You might have to enable the developer console and then reload the page for any errors
to show.