From Brendan Walker <>
Subject CouchDb Crash Report Help
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:27:09 GMT

I apologize if this email is getting resent, I can't find any confirmation that it was received.
I am having difficulty trying to figure out why CouchDb is crashing from the crash report,
and I was wondering if someone would be able to give me some feedback on what could be going

Here is my scenario: I have a Couch instance with over a million documents. There is also
continuous replication going on to and from another instance. Periodically, CouchDb crashes
because of the crash report below. I increased the `max_dbs_open` and `max_connections` settings
in the config, but that didn't stop the crashing.

I was linked to this issue (
Is that similar to the issue I am hitting? If so, it looks like the fix was merged into mochiweb,
but the version that ships with CouchDb doesn't contain the fix.

Brendan Walker

=== Crash Report ===

[Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:09:38 GMT] [error] [<0.10713.9>] {error_report,<0.34.0>,