From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: _all_docs vs regular view
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 08:58:13 GMT

_all_docs and _changes are both updated (atomically) as part of every document update. Updating
those two things is what it *means* to update a document.

I hesitate to call it a "view" though, since it’s the database itself just rendered in the
same format as views. You could think of it as "primary index" vs "secondary index".

B.