From Robert Samuel Newson <>
Subject Re: _all_docs vs regular view
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 08:58:13 GMT

_all_docs and _changes are both updated (atomically) as part of every document update. Updating
those two things is what it *means* to update a document.

I hesitate to call it a "view" though, since it’s the database itself just rendered in the
same format as views. You could think of it as "primary index" vs "secondary index".

On 25 Feb 2014, at 06:59, Stanley Iriele <> wrote:

> is the All docs a special view? never has to be primed like
> traditional views. why is that?...if a use a list function to fold over a
> certain number of keys during a period of a lot of writes does this view
> stay up to date ? or does it behave like a regular view?

View raw message