From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Return document on creation option?
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 23:09:15 GMT

On Feb 20, 2014, at 10:58 AM, Tito Ciuro <tciuro@mac.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if I read it somewhere or perhaps I'm mistaken this option With MongoDB:
I seem to recall that CouchDB can optionally return the document it has created or updated.
Is this true or should I have to perform this operation manually?

The only thing different from what you sent the database is the _rev property, which gets
returned to you in the response. So it's trivial to construct an exact copy of what's in the
database.

—Jens