From Tim Black <>
Subject CouchAppSpora/Monocles development
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 19:01:31 GMT
Does anyone know a reason why CouchAppSpora, now Monocles, development
appears to have stopped?  See  I'm guessing
that privacy controls, and configuring filtered replication, were
difficult to implement well.  I notice that Hoodie is going to be
working on these features next, and wonder how successful they are or
will be.

The reason I'm asking is that I have a potential client interested in
making a social network site which could share user profile data with
other social network sites, and thought Monocles on top of Backbone on
top of Hoodie might be one way to make it.

I'm recommending to the client to consider using a Facebook group first,
or maybe Diaspora or Friendica, or maybe Joomla with Community Builder
or JomSocial.  But if I had to write it myself, I might go with
something like Monocles-Backbone-Hoodie.