From Tito Ciuro <tci...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Matching docs which values ending with a specific string
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:39:35 GMT
Hi Jens,

This is the command, really. Actually, I discovered that if I put quotes around the URL I
don't need to escape the offending character(s) works fine:

TurboMonkey:_design tito$ curl "http://127.0.0.1:5984/test/_design/test/_view/test-byTown?startkey=%5B%22foo%20ca%22%5D&endkey=%5B%22foo%20ca%22,%7B%7D%5D"
{"total_rows":2,"offset":0,"rows":[
{"id":"9b857ca67a2611d51595aa3ad0306f30","key":["foo ca","9b857ca67a2611d51595aa3ad0306f30"],"value":null}
]}

Thank you,

-- Tito

On Feb 13, 2014, at 8:34 AM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2014, at 8:24 AM, Tito Ciuro <tciuro@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> This works as expected. However, if I issue the same command with curl I get more
than I expected:

>> curl http://127.0.0.1:5984/test/_design/test/_view/test-byTown?startkey=%5B%22foo%20ca%22%5D&endkey=%5B%22foo%20ca%22,%7B%7D%5D
>
> I don't think that's the exact command line you used, because without quotes the shell's
going to interpret the '?' character as a wildcard. Could you post the exact command line?

> (Also, could you show what the startkey and endkey expand to? I'm not good at doing URL-unescaping
in my head.)

> —Jens
>
> PS: I've found that the 'httpie' tool saves a lot of sanity when sending command-line
requests to CouchDB. It's similar to curl but a lot friendlier, and makes it very easy to
add custom queries and JSON body properties without doing a ton of quoting.