From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: History tracking as a plugin?
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 06:53:23 GMT

On Feb 16, 2014, at 9:50 PM, Suraj Kumar <suraj.kumar@inmobi.com> wrote:

> While we could use "_changes" API, there is no
> way to get the UserCtx. This is the real limitation of changes API due to
> which we are looking for other ways.

It's not a limitation of the changes API, it's a limitation of the database itself. CouchDB
simply does not store the information you're asking for, so there's no way for the changes
API to discover it.

> What would you recommend is the best way to achieve history tracking?

Maybe put some kind of proxy in front of CouchDB that can modify the documents on the way
in, to add properties storing the time and username?

—Jens