From Tito Ciuro <tci...@mac.com>
Subject Matching docs which values ending with a specific string
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 22:35:38 GMT
Hello,

I have a database with documents with the following format:

{
    "_id" : "12345",
    "location" : <some_city>.<some town>
}

I have values like:

California.San Francisco
California.Los Angeles
Florida.Miami

What I'm trying to do is to match documents that "end with" a particular string. Say I want
to match all states where the town 'Anytown' exists:

California.Anytown
Florida.Anytown
Texas.Anytown

If I use the following query:

curl http://127.0.0.1:5984/example/_design/test/_view/ends-with-city?key=%22California.Anytown%22

It works and returns one document (as expected), but I cannot seem to make it work when I
look for an "end with" string. I have seen examples where %007F is used to match "begins with".
When I use it, I get a {"error":"bad_request","reason":"invalid_json"} message. So I'm not
sure how to proceed.

Any ideas? Thanks!

-- Tito