From Dan Santner <dansant...@me.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB security
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:06:17 GMT
I am personally not a fan of opening up port 5984 to the world or even a reverse proxy to 5984
open to....the world.

But it sounds more like you are interested in protecting against someone flooding your database
with crap?

In that case, you can always do small things like only accepting post through ajax/javascript
and maybe throttling through your webserver, only allowing X number of posts per cookie??

It's a tough problem for sure because you have competing requirements.  Anyone can post, but
anyone cannot post all the same.