From Jason Winshell <ja...@jasonwinshell.com>
Subject Re: Super slow attachment upload speed on localhost
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 22:05:22 GMT
Do you know what the issue was? Do you have a link to the issue?

How can I get the fix ASAP. I'm dead in the water for Mac development. I need to store big
attachments.

Much appreciated.

Jason

On Feb 12, 2014, at 12:35 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:

> We just recently fixed this issue. My immediate guess is that the OS X
> packages haven't been updated by Dave was quick to get the Windows
> binaries up.
>
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Jason Winshell <jason@jasonwinshell.com> wrote:
>> All: It works fine on Windows.
>>
>> I retested the large attachment upload using the latest Windows build (in VMWare).
>>
>> * Windows (x86) Erlang/OTP R16B01 | Version 1.5.0
>>
>> BTW, in the curl transcript, the Windows Couch build reports a ## LATER ### version
of Erlang (R16B02), not R16B01 as shown on the web site.

>> Server: CouchDB/1.5.0 (Erlang OTP/R16B02)
>>
>> 3MB < 1 sec
>> 10 MB < 1 sec
>> 20 MB < 1 sec
>> 40 MB ~ 1 sec
>> 80 MB ~ 2 sec
>> 160 MB ~ 6 sec
>>

>> There's something seriously wrong with the current Mac OS version
>>
>> * Mac OS X (10.6+) Erlang/OTP R16B01 | Version 1.5.0
>>
>> In the curl transcript, the Mac version reports Erlang R16B01, an earlier version
than Windows

>>   Server: CouchDB/1.5.0 (Erlang OTP/R16B01)
>>
>> What's the story between the difference on the Mac and Windows? How can I build CouchDB
on the Mac that uses the same version of Erlang (Erlang OTP/R16B02) as Windows, so I can do
a retest on the Mac.

>> This problem took me a day to work out. Argh.
>>

>> On Feb 12, 2014, at 10:09 AM, Jason Winshell <jason@jasonwinshell.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you please elaborate. I don't know what this means? Thanks.

slow when transferring from curl. Both curl and Couch are running on localhost (no network).
I switched to a curl test after seeing the same problem with Futon and the Ektorp framework.
I tried the loopback address, 127.0.0.1 too.

the average upload speed is 146K/sec. What's going on? Why is Couch taking so long to process
the attachment stream?