From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disabling doc include
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 12:20:55 GMT

It is relevant, the OP could use multiple databases to expose the subset of documents to the
appropriate subset of users.

Mentioning Couchbase is not relevant. :)

B.

On 2 Jan 2014, at 00:40, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2014, at 3:27 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> There’s no document level read protection, but you can certainly grant or deny
read access to users on a per database basis.

> Yes, but that isn’t relevant to what the OP is trying to do, i.e. give users access
to some data but not all of it.

>> The restrictive proxy approach is brittle, it requires that you know all the URL
patterns to block and keep them up to date when you upgrade CouchDB. It can work, it’s just
not awesome.

> Yes. I only brought it up because it’s the only way I know of to enable some form of
per-document read protection using Apache CouchDB (as opposed to something similar-but-not-the-same,
like Couchbase Sync Gateway.)