From Dan Santner <dansant...@me.com>
Subject Re: confused about date parsing
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 23:02:43 GMT
Alexander, your first response was very helpful.  Sorry I didn't search the archives first.
 I get it now.

Thanks everyone.
Dan.
On Jan 29, 2014, at 4:57 PM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:45 AM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

>>> This value will be computed only once when document get indexed, not
>>> each time when you query the view.
>>
>> Has anyone thought of modifying the JS global bindings when a map function runs,
such that calling Date.new will throw an exception? Preferably an exception with a descriptive
message like "It is illegal to use the current date in a map function"? It would save considerable
support time — I believe this is the second time this issue has come up in the last week.