From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: confused about date parsing
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 22:57:36 GMT
On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:45 AM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2014, at 2:17 PM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:13 AM, Dan Santner <dansantner@me.com> wrote:
>>>                                var today = new Date();
>>
>> This value will be computed only once when document get indexed, not
>> each time when you query the view.
>
> Has anyone thought of modifying the JS global bindings when a map function runs, such
that calling Date.new will throw an exception? Preferably an exception with a descriptive
message like "It is illegal to use the current date in a map function"? It would save considerable
support time — I believe this is the second time this issue has come up in the last week.

Making standard and expected things run with unexpected behaviour will
annoy even more.

--