From Vladimir Ralev <vladimir.ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Number of surviving revisions after compaction
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 16:29:56 GMT
Hello all

I was reading about  _revs_limit
<http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_database_API#Accessing_Database-specific_options>
which
defaults to 1000 or so here
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_database_API#Accessing_Database-specific_options

It seems to imply that those 1000 revisions will be preserved even after
compaction.Is this correct and does it mean that the database will be as
much as 1000x bigger than it needs to be after compaction.

I have a database that I want to perform maintenance on so i remove it from
traffic and want to reduce the number of revisions to 1 again safely. Is
there some shortcut to do that?