From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject [SOLUTION :) ] Top posting in threads on the list's
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:24:11 GMT
Hi everyone,

two days ago I wrote an email to all lists regarding (me ranting a bit -
sorry) top posting in threads. The resulting discussion was a summary of
many different opinions about how to post. I try to summarise this a bit:

/ yes, top posting is evil - we should not do it

/ top posting is ok, I do that since many years

/ combine top posting, inline posting and bottom posting

/ I don't care, my email client will fix it for me

/ we should not give any advise or guidelines

Well, my conclusion is to not give any advise but my personal idea about
it. I like to write inline comments and more comments or topics at the end
of an post. I think it's the best way to read it. I use exclusively GMail
on a laptop (no smartphone).

BUT - this is my personal opinion and as far as I understand, it was mostly
ok, how the threads are structured now. So everybody is welcome to keep
doing how he does.

What I really don't want is to keep people out of discussions because they
are afraid of doing comments or posting wrong. Please don't be afraid! I
was really worried when this came up. Sorry for that.

I hope anybody is now feeling comfortable again. Let's keep on going with
this really harmonious lists.

Thanks and have a nice weekend

Andy

--