From Daniel Gonzalez <gonva...@gonvaled.com>
Subject Keep several couchdb sessions authenticated
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 16:37:43 GMT
Hi all,

During development I am using several couchdb servers. Some tasks
(verifying the status of the server in futton, for example), can only be
performed while authenticated. To improve my workflow during developement,
I have increased the session timeout, so that I do not neet to authenticate
too often. I do not want to completely disable authentication since some of
my couchdb servers are exposed.

My workflow (and my problem) is the  following:

1) Authenticate to server A
2) verify something in server A
3) Authenticate to server B
4) verify something in server B
server A has been lost!! I need to re-authenticate

In my case the servers are accessible via tunnels:
- localhost:5984 for server A (the local couchdb)
- localhost:60001 for server B (a remote couchdb)

I guess couchdb is using a cookie for the session without keeping
information about the endpoint, so it gets overwritten.

Is there a workaround for this, so that I do not need to re-authenticate so
often?

BR,
Daniel