From Daniel Gonzalez <gonva...@gonvaled.com>
Subject Specify attachment encoding for couchdb
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 13:52:05 GMT
Hi,

I have the following test script:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

import os
import couchdb

GREEK = u'ΑΒΓΔ ΕΖΗΘ ΙΚΛΜ ΝΞΟΠ ΡΣΤΥ ΦΧΨΩ αβγδ εζηθ ικλμ
νξοπ ρςτυ φχψω'

# Prepare a unicode file, encoded using ENCODING
ENCODING = 'utf-8'
filename = '/tmp/test'
open(filename, 'w').write(GREEK.encode(ENCODING))

# Create an empty document
server = couchdb.Server()
db = server['cdb-tests']
doc_id = 'testing'
doc = { }
db[doc_id] = doc

# Attach the file to the document
content = open(filename, 'rb') # Open the file for reading
db.put_attachment(doc, content, content_type='text/plain')

As you can see, the file is utf-8 encoded, but when I attach that file to
couchdb, I have no way to specify this encoding. Thus, requesting the
attachment at http://localhost:5984/cdb-tests/testing/test returns the
following Response Headers:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: CouchDB/1.2.0 (Erlang OTP/R15B01)
ETag: "7y85tiUeF/UX9kqpKAzQEw=="