From Mike Marino <mmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication without IP connection
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:13:05 GMT
> Am 27.01.2014 um 19:05 schrieb Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com>:
>> what sorts of data transfer you have at all?
>
> He already said: HF Radio.
>
>> What about:
>> Remote system A, Central System B
>> 1.  Make A read-only, copy database file to intermediate A_1
>
> He already said they don't have the bandwidth to copy entire database files.

Sorry, I should've said, if there are "other" possibilities here for
data transfer. I mean, how time critical are the records?  I would
expect there are deliveries via mail/float plane/snow machine/boat as
is done in the Alaskan bush to deliver items, including medical
supplies needed by the clinics. If these are not that time critical,
they could piggy back on one of these deliveries.