From Jens Rantil <jens.ran...@gmail.com>
Subject Data usage and compaction status
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2013 21:01:43 GMT
Hi,

When I look at `/mydb`[1] I am given a lot of statistics. Among them is `data_size`. However,
when I look in the documentation[1] I can't find it. Is it missing or has it been removed?
What value does it show?

I am running CouchDB 1.5.0.

Two related questions:

1. The `disk_size` measurement does not include views indexes size. Is there any way for me
to check the size of a view index (over HTTP, that is ;))?

2. The `/mydb` shows when a compaction is going on of the database (but not views, right?).
Is the only way to check whether a view compaction is running by looking in the `/_active_tasks`
response?

[1] http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/api/database/common.html?highlight=disk_size#get--db

Cheers,
Jens