From Oliver Dain <opub...@dains.org>
Subject Why do couchdb reduce functions have to be commutative
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2013 21:45:12 GMT
Hey CouchDB users,

I've just started messing around with CouchDB and I understand why CouchDB
reduce functions need to be associative, but I don't understand why they
also have to be commutative. I posted a much more detailed version of this
question to StackOverflow yesterday, but haven't gotten an answer yet (my
SO experience says that means I probably won't ever get one). Figured it
might be smart to explicitly loop in the couch community.

The original StackOverflow question is here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20303355/why-do-couchdb-reduce-functions-have-to-be-commutative

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Oliver