From Benjamin Young <>
Subject Re: How do you document your document structure?
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:27:24 GMT
Great work, Travis! I'm eager to see more happen in CouchDB-land around
the use of JSON-Schema.

FWIW, I'm playing with some MapReduce for identifying content--when you
don't know what you're getting:

It's sort of the flip-side of having a schema up front...or it could be.

Thanks again for posting this,

On 12/16/13, 10:18 AM, Travis Paul wrote:
> I 2nd JSON schema, it's extremely handy. You can even auto-build your html
> forms with a little extra meta-data. I have an old (possibly outdated)
> example here of using JSON-schema for validation here:
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Stefan Klein <>wrote:
>>>   We are using json-schema to document our structure and have imported the
>>> tv4 validator to perform validation tasks within couchdb.  You can use
>>> views to emit documents not conforming to the schema, reject non
>> conforming
>>> documents in validate_doc_update....  The json schema allows us to add
>>> extra metadata around the various fields that say what they are for and
>> we
>>> could pull out such comments when building a ui to edit a document.
>> Thank you, thats probably a better approach than in-code documentation.

View raw message