From Vivek Pathak <vpat...@orgmeta.com>
Subject tool for management of couchdb design docs/code
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2013 10:28:08 GMT
Hi

I had some couchdb projects (since ~ 2007) which had significant
computation within views/lists etc.    I had read about couchapp - which
although is totally great - did not serve my purpose satisfactorily
(reasons/details below).

Hence I had developed various scripts which were project specific.
Finally I extracted the code into a standalone program which has the
following main points:

  * Code on file system matches exactly code in couchdb (helps version
    control and programming - see next)
  * Able to create and run test cases (automatically w/o code change)
    for view map/reduce functions
  * Be able to run the these test cases manually through debugger (eg:
    rhino) using a harness
  * Be able to instrument these test cases for profiling, for example by
    having a debug built js in path
  * And finally - just like couchcapp - create canonical directory
    structure, as well as push and pull to/from design documents.

The code (single standalone python script) is available here :

    https://github.com/vivekpathak/casters

You are welome to try/use/improve

Thanks
Vivek