From Jens Rantil <jens.ran...@gmail.com>
Subject Ordered view reduce
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 22:19:33 GMT
Hi,

I've been playing around with CouchDB for event sourcing[1] (terminology
from DDD and CQRS). Basically I have a series of ordered events persisted
to Couch and I've been creating simple projections basic these. The ID of a
new event will be strictly greater that all previous events for its
aggregate (couch lingo: reduce).

The current implementation only supports basic projections because reduce
input order is undefined in Couch. I've heard of the plugin system. Would
ordered reduce be something that could be implemented as a plugin?

[1] http://jensrantil.github.io/bootstrapping-couchdb-as-event-store.html

Cheers,
Jens

Sent from my iPhone 6