From "John Norris" <j...@norricorp.f9.co.uk>
Subject couchdb data structure
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 10:28:30 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to retrofit an existing web app using SQL to couchdb with
ektorp. I have setup couchdb and run through some tutorials (ektorp,
seven databases in seven weeks, definitive guide).
If I have several objects (represented as pojos) then in SQL this would
probably equate to several tables within the database.
But in couchdb, a database is a number of documents? And those documents
can represent several object types? So do I need each document to have a
field representing what type it is? (eg a field that is unique to that
document type).
Or does each document type go in its own database?

Regards,
John Norris