From Stanley Iriele <siriele...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: show/list
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:31:32 GMT
"Show lists is easy side HTML"

This gives off the impression the this is the purpose of show/list
functions and I believe that is patently false. they provide an extra layer
of transformation on a document or result of a view. What she said was one
particular use case, and a bad one at that, for show/list functions. I use
them to create SLA with whatever client is consuming them. I've used lists
to do delta compression across a collection of documents without returning
them to the server.

"To me, SHOW/LIST is ugly and should probably be deprecated."

Fillipo @"Any application that uses CouchDB as a pure database doesn't need
show and list handlers. They are simply useless"

They are not useless. You are either using them wrong or do not understand
what they are used for.