From Joe RNL <jmor...@rednovalabs.com>
Subject More couch performance questions
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 23:24:00 GMT
Thanks for the helpful responses earlier. Couch crashing was actually a
result of a code bug, but with that fixed, we are still have performance
problems. I would appreciate any and all suggestions that might help
improve performance.

thanks,

joe

What I've tried:

I've upgraded to couch 1.5.0
I've added the following to the config:
[couchdb]
max_dbs_open = 1000

[httpd]
max_connections = 4096

I've added these erlang tweaks to couch defaults:
export ERL_MAX_PORTS=4096
export ERL_FLAGS="+A 4"

Still no improvement in performance.
I'm running tests using siege and apache benchmark. The goal is 30
concurrent users. Here's a typical result:
Transactions:         181 hits
Availability:       60.33 %
Elapsed time:       67.35 secs
Data transferred:        2.51 MB
Response time:        9.18 secs
Transaction rate:        2.69 trans/sec
Throughput:        0.04 MB/sec
Concurrency:       24.66
Successful transactions:         181

Other Relevant Information:
OS: Ubuntu 12.04
Server : Amazon c1.medium (tried others)
erlang: 5.8.5
spidermonkey: 1.9.1.15-2ppa0+1

memory usage never hits max, but CPU is always goes up to about 100%