From Daniel Nephin <dnep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tool to upload an entire website to CouchDB
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 20:44:10 GMT
For my use case Grunt integration is essential.  I want to be able to write
my design document in coffeescript, compile it, run tests against it, and
upload it all automatically (when a file is saved). Grunt already has
support for compiling coffeescript and running javascript tests and is
designed to do this very thing, so it only makes sense to me that grunt
would the right tool for pushing couchapps as well.

I've been using https://github.com/elfsternberg/grunt-couchapp. I haven't
had any problems, but it is missing 1 important thing, macros.  If I
understand correctly the original couchapp supported `!code` macros.  Since
you can't really call other modules in your reduce function (and versions <
1.2 don't even support lib modules) being able to inline shared functions
is an important feature.

I've also looked into:

   - http://kan.so/ (as far as I can tell, there is no grunt task, and I
   don't see any support for macros
   - https://github.com/jo/grunt-couch (looks like it has a lot more
   complete grunt integration, but I still don't see anything about macros)

Does anyone know if I've missed something? Is there actually a grunt task
for kanso?  Do these actually support macros? Is there another tool with
both?

Thanks!