From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: overwrite document without revision?
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 22:01:33 GMT
Hi Ryan,

You're desperately trying to find a way to make CouchDB's immutable
storage system work like a mutable one. Please don't :-) -- it's going
against the grain.

I'd suggest taking a step back for a moment, reading carefully through
these 2 sections in particular from the guide:

http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/consistency.html
http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/conflicts.html

What features are you after from your overall app that makes couchdb a
good fit (or not)?

What Jens is referring to is that new_edits is an API that allows the
multi-master replication engine to introduce conflicts directly into
the existing revision tree for a document. You'll then need to resolve
these introduced conflicts directly to ensure that your new entry
"comes out on top" as there's no guarantees it won't by default.

A+
Dave