From Mike Marino <>
Subject Re: CouchDB: POST Data with Update Handler
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 14:17:07 GMT
On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Hank Knight <> wrote:
> I understand that I can pass information using an update handler like this:
> Is there a way to use POST data with an update handler?

Yes, you leave out the docid as in and include
your data in the body of the request, if you want to use this to
generate a new document.  See, e.g.

For an example of pulling all the data into the new document.  (It
uses the req.uuid as the new doc's _id, which may or may not be good
for your case.)

View raw message