From Mike Marino <mmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storage limitations?
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 22:00:56 GMT
Hi Mark,

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Mark Deibert <mark.deibert@gmail.com> wrote:
> Each comment is normally a very small amount of information, and id,
> userName, a date and a small text field. Probably no more than a short
> sentence on average. Why do I need to go through the trouble of creating
> new comment docs for each? This totally complicates the comment read code
> (there will 1000 reads to every 1 write, at least) both in the UI and the
> db for no reason.

I'm not sure why this should complicate the comment read code.  You
can generate a view that emits as key the particular page/post to
which the comment refers.  As value, you can emit either a subset of
data you need from the comment, or simply emit "null" and call the
view with include_docs to get all the documents for the particular
post.  This would be a single http call.

Cheers,
Mike