From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Added translators list to WIKI
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 18:49:20 GMT
On 21 November 2013 22:44, Andy Wenk <andy@nms.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have updated the https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Translation page and
> added the names of the translators and contributors for the CouchDB
> translation team. A big thank you at this point! You rock!
>
> Info for the people on the list: if you don't want to be listed there,
> please drop me a note.

HI. I am not in your contributorsgroup, so I cannot edit the wiki. but you
can write "danish,setup,reviewer" for me. I might find time around xmas to
do the translatation.

> To all other readers. We are still hiring :-) Just drop a note here if you
> want to join the translator team.

I read your doc. and I have a suggestion, let new people start doing
suggestions (like mail patches to the code), and then after some
suggestions "upgrade" them.

You should also think about translation QA. Ideally there should be a
person "responsible" for each language that reviews the work. A person
deeply involved in the details of the translation are likely to oversee
e.g. terminology, so having a second person just read the translation gives
a lot higher quality.

rgds
jan I.