From Nick North <nort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: decimal and builtin _sum function
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 17:25:49 GMT
Absolutely. I've built live accounting systems both with and without
decimals. You can sort of get by without them, but you'll always lose
accuracy somewhere, or have to do rounding in places where you really
shouldn't, and wish you had them.

When you store and then retrieve the number 0.3, you'd really like to know
that it will come back in the same form. Without knowing about the innards
of CouchDb and how it processes JSON, that's hard to guarantee.