From Nick North <nort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query about your database (Couchdb)
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 16:58:49 GMT
These questions are best addressed to the CouchDb user list, so I've copied
this answer there in case anyone else has a similar question.

The things you want to do are all possible. CouchDb can run on any version
of Windows, and there are cloud-based versions if you want your data in the
cloud. Any file, including images, can be saved as an attachment to a
CouchDb document, so that part should be no problem.

There are a few .NET libraries listed here
<http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Getting_started_with_C%23>- I have used
LoveSeat with great success, though I have recently moved to just using the
.NET HttpClient class with JSON.NET for serialisation.

CouchDb and the .NET libraries are all free, but you would probably have to
pay if you want to store your data in the cloud.

Nick