From Andrey Kuprianov <andrey.koupria...@gmail.com>
Subject Replicator DB external tool
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 07:32:42 GMT
I'd like to create a simple replicator DB management tool. We really need,
so that it would be easy to manage replications across several servers.

Following the manual, I put a document into the _replicator DB. For example,

{
   "_id": "dude",
   "source": "db1",
   "target": "db2",
   "continuous": true
}

This naturally creates a replication task. After that I issue a cancel
command with curl, just like the manual says. The task is stopped, however
the document is still there completely unchanged. And I cannot re-trigger
it. If I open and try to re-save it in Futon, i get "Only the replicator
can edit replication documents that are in the triggered state". So it's
only possible for me to delete it through Futon and create a new one if i
wish to restart my replication.

I also tried DELETE'ing the document with curl, but im not allowed to do
so. (I'm getting {"error":"method_not_allowed","reason":"Only POST
allowed"} )

My questions are:

1. Am I missing something?
2. Can i anyhow delete the replication doc using *curl*?
3. If not, then how do I re-trigger replication with the old doc (also
using curl, if possible)?

  Regards,

    Andrey