From Giovanni P <fiat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seeking for professional training help with CouchDB
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 19:46:45 GMT
I liked the answers now. They're serious as my question was, although quite
enraged. No problem with you thinking I am an idiot, but don't think I'm
making fun of you with my question. I get the point now, but still don't
find it so obvious, maybe because I have never had "a whole team of
developers", maybe because it's difficult to understand why someone would
get a whole team of developers to suddenly start working with a new
database without a clear *purpose *they don't know and pay a serious money
in "training".

Probably there are cases in which this is a good idea, but my perception is
that if some company does this it is wasting money, because it could just
stand with their known database.

Or, in case changing to CouchDB (this applies to any kind of new software)
is really better than standing, if this is to be implemented within a
business (with a whole team of developers), it should be because some
visionary saw some place where the new product could do something very good
for the company, much better than its current software (the "purpose"). If
he is capable of being such a visionary and being sure enough about it to
pay a lot of money for the "experts", he probably is already an expert in
the new product himself.