From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Re: Added translators list to WIKI
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:58:14 GMT
On 22 November 2013 19:49, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:

> On 21 November 2013 22:44, Andy Wenk <andy@nms.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have updated the https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Translation page and
>> added the names of the translators and contributors for the CouchDB
>> translation team. A big thank you at this point! You rock!
>>
>> Info for the people on the list: if you don't want to be listed there,
>> please drop me a note.
>>

> HI. I am not in your contributorsgroup, so I cannot edit the wiki. but you
> can write "danish,setup,reviewer" for me. I might find time around xmas to
> do the translatation.

oh easy . just create an account and I will add you ;-) But I changed the
description already for you

> To all other readers. We are still hiring :-) Just drop a note here if you
>> want to join the translator team.
>>

> I read your doc. and I have a suggestion, let new people start doing
> suggestions (like mail patches to the code), and then after some
> suggestions "upgrade" them.
>
> You should also think about translation QA. Ideally there should be a
> person "responsible" for each language that reviews the work. A person
> deeply involved in the details of the translation are likely to oversee
> e.g. terminology, so having a second person just read the translation gives
> a lot higher quality.

thanks a lot. Both ideas are good. At the moment we have an increasing
number of translators and I think it's not a bad idea to let them run for a
moment. Then we should think about "install" the position of QA. And also
think about to let new translators first suggest and then upgrade them to
submitters. Maybe the responsible translator for each language can then
decide to upgrade the new one ...

Cheers

Andy

> rgds