From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to configure a limit on simultaneous replications?
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 20:33:21 GMT
If you mean the _replicator database then, yes, currently it will
attempt to run all the jobs at once. That is, there is Considerable
Room For Improvement.

B.

On 26 November 2013 19:10, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:07 AM, R.J. Steinert <rj@rjsteinert.com> wrote:
>
>> when CouchDB tries to replicate them all at once, the replications
>> never seem to finish in a dependable fashion. Sometimes some of the
>> databases will finish replicating others will hang for days. Each database
>> is only a couple dozen KB so these replication processes aren't managing a
>> whole lot of data.
>
> That’s weird. What sort of network connection is the replication using? Is this over
a LAN (WiFi or Ethernet), a wider-range Internet connection, a cell network…? Basically
the slower / laggier / flakier the network is, the more roadblocks are thrown in the way of
the replicator. It should still work reliably, though, so what you’re describing sounds
like a bug; a dozen tiny databases should be able to replicate in a few seconds unless there
are major network issues.

> (Disclaimer: I am not familiar with the replicator implementation in CouchDB itself,
although I have implemented compatible replicators so I know the protocol well.)