From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proposed feature - list function /update handler half baby
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:46:31 GMT
What request would trigger this fold? What arguments would it take?
I'm not sure what's "painful" about the existing _bulk_docs read and
write API's, though exist primarily for bulk importing/exporting, most
database interactions are document or view level.

Since the word "transaction" was mentioned, it's worth remembering
that couchdb supports fully ACID transactions at the individual
document level (and, yes, that's not an oxymoron). This idea would not
(could not) change that. For example, any document updated during this
fold would stay updated, even if the fold failed before reaching the
end.

Is there value in a bulk version of update handlers, I guess?

As for "list function /update handler half baby", I have no idea what
it means...

B.