From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: view_duplicate_id chaos
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 23:29:51 GMT
This is a bug fixed many releases ago, you need to compact your
database, then delete your .view files and rebuild them. The release
notes at the time explained the procedure. I believe this is
COUCHDB-968 / COUCHDB-999.

B.

On 15 November 2013 21:44, Will Perry <Will.Perry@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering how duplicate doc ids could have got there, tho- how is it even possible
for 2 docs to have the same id? Shouldn't the second PUT result in a 409?

> If the error message is correct (and lets just assume that it is) then we have duplicate
doc ids. While we can delete and rebuild the views, this takes about 8 hours and isn't something
we can afford to be doing continuously in production :)

> I'd like to try and figure out the root cause for this problem and try to apply a fix
to prevent it occurring again in the future - any pointers?

> Cheers,
>
> Will

as a result of duplicate doc ids. A selection of related traces includes:

>> [error] [<0.2990.111>] Compaction daemon - an error ocurred while compacting
the view group `System` from database `servicebus`: {view_duplicate_id,

>> <<"test:-vM0xyKZdeSMCIukpTchI3ZeKhk">>}
>>
>> [error] [<0.7103.113>] Duplicate docid `test:-vM0xyKZdeSMCIukpTchI3ZeKhk` detected
in view group `_design/System`, database `servicebus` - This view needs to be rebuilt.

>> Can anyone help me understand what's happening here? How can we avoid getting into
this situation, and is there a best-practice to resolve it?