From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Http 1.1 keep alive
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 00:22:15 GMT

On Nov 5, 2013, at 3:57 PM, Stanley Iriele <siriele2x3@gmail.com> wrote:

> This snippet I found in the couchdb core api section of the documentation
> seems a bit misleading to me. It looks like its saying" keeping connections
> is hard so tear them down”..

I agree, that quote is very misleading! It seems to be confusing “connection” with “request”:
HTTP requests are stateless, but the network transport will reuse a TCP connection across
multiple requests. Someone should rewrite it.

The quote appears here:
	http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/intro/api.html#revisions
It appears at a lot of other URLs, says Google, but it seems to originate from the “Complete
Guide” book at http://guide.couchdb.org.

—Jens